August 26, 2011

making the best use of the time

This year, these months, day & hours are flying by. Am I being faithful? I know there are things I must do to take care of my family... prepare food, clean our home, fold piles of clothes, etc. But what is most important? Marking something off my never ending "to do" list or discipling, cherishing & loving on two sweet little boys? I get so deep in doing "work" that I can see the results of right away that I neglect the "work" that is of more lasting value.

This is eternal work.





Father, give me eyes to see things the way You do. To not be so busy doing "Your work" that I can't set the work aside to love on my boys. 
"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." Ephesians 5:15-17

To keep my eyes fixed on You & the simplicity of what pleases Your heart. He has withheld no good thing.
al

p.s.
These 2 amazing women inspire & challenge me to be fruitful in each moment!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...