January 29, 2013

very happy news indeed

babygirl
baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ah we're beside ourselves! 
although she's not growing in my belly... she may not be conceived yet, or she may be growing in her birth mom's belly right now!!! the Lord has led us to adopt a baby girl domestically!!! we are guessing the wait will be about a year. we are in the process of finalizing our adoption of amos & then we'll be starting over! :) there are days, like today, that i think, "what in the world are we thinking?! another one?!!!" but what a gift that the Lord has called our family to give a baby girl a home & a family. what a joy to call her ours. what an honor to be her mommy & daddy. what a delight to have some hair to play with & some cute clothes to dress her up in!!! how spoiled will this little one be by her 3 big brothers?!! & we feel like they're ready for a baby. jude asks just about everyday... "are we going to get our baby sister?" so we trust the Father in this new journey & season & we say "yes" to all He has for us! even if it doesn't always make logical sense to the world. yay!!!! mommy needs some more estrogen in this house!!! to answer a very legitimate question... we would LOVE to have more children biologically if the Lord wills, but for now this is how He is growing our family & we're more than great with it! (& i strongly dislike being pregnant. ;) ) we'll keep you updated as this little one's story unfolds. 
al

15 comments:

this love is OURS♥ said...

SO exciting! She will be so spoiled with her big brothers. I can't wait to follow your journey in bringing this little girl home.

Anonymous said...

Well congratulations! :)

Angélique S. said...

I am so happy for you!!!

Our Green Nest said...

HOW EXCITING! I'm sure you all are "over the moon"! Would it be ok if I emailed you with some adoption questions? I realize it's completely a private matter (and thus realize/respect you might not want to share) but I'm very interested in the financial aspect of adoption...or have you talked about it before that I haven't seen?

astr!d said...

that is awesome and you explained it so well. we are in the process of adopting and just two days ago my mother asked 'why?' in a not so nice tone. i wish i would have had the grace to answer her question like you did!

allison barker said...

thank u thank u thank u friends!!!!!!!! thank u for rejoicing with us!!!!
our green nest... of course u can!!!! afterhissmile (at) gmail (dot) com. :)

sarah {on the brightside...} said...

Such sweet words!! I think adoption is one of the most beautiful things in the world! :)

tiffany__dawn said...

PRAISE THE LORD!

Amy @ Fig Milkshakes said...

I'm very excited for you! Sometimes I wonder if this may be in mine and my family's future as well. Can't wait to see what goes on in this journey!

said...

His plans are always perfect!!! Amazing!

Loris S. said...

Praise the Lord!! This is such a wonderful blessing :)

Kiki said...

That's so exciting! I love hearing about adoption and it only makes me heart even bigger for adoption (it's something I hope to be in my future someday). God is amazing and I can't wait to hear more about it! :)

Dressing Ivana said...

what a fabolous good news!!!!! a girl, so much fun!!! congratulations, I wish I had 4 children..

allison barker said...

:)!!!!!!!!! again... thank u for rejoicing with us!!! we could not be happier!

Anonymous said...

THat is such great news!! I hope it won't be too long of a wait! Congratulations on your decision on another adoption and of a little girl! Aw. It is fun having older brothers! I have two big brothers and loved it. She'll be protected and taken care of for certain!
+Victoria+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...