November 1, 2012

adoption & the gospel pt 6

IMG_0683IMG_0721
amos has always been very quick to look to anyone who will take care of his needs as being someone who will ALWAYS be able to take care of his needs... when only mommy & daddy should be that. as an orphan, he got so used to looking out for himself & he learned to rely on anyone who would give him attention because he was starving for it. he thinks what he needs is just someone/anyone to feed him, change him or give him a toy, but he needs love & care from a mommy & daddy that won't change & pass him off to someone else.

so it is with us... as "orphans" (before the Lord rescued us & made us His children) we fulfilled our need for the Lord with lesser caregivers, lesser things that would not remain. now that we are His it is easy to fall back to that & forget what we have in our Savior. we look to other things/people to care for us & fulfill us.

i have taken such offense to amos looking to others for care & love & i get annoyed with him when he does, but my Father never becomes angry when i look to other things. He remains faithful. He is so good & gracious to us, His children! hallelujah! He does not change!

"if we are faithless, He remains faithful." 2 timothy 2:13
--------------
photo
(embracing the camera here)
this man!!!! oh this man! i'm so thankful for him & grateful i don't have to walk through this journey of adoption of amos & adoption as a daughter of the Lord on my own. thank You Father for being so good to me!

(pt 1pt 2pt 3pt 4 & pt 5)
al

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful.
I know that our Heavenly Father loves you so much for making a small sacrifice of a different road of parenthood.
You are going to give Amos a life like he NEVER would have had the chance to live.
I have no idea how hard it is, but I do thank you for your example! I love to hear how you always turn to the Lord for your strength

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful. I am so blessed by your blog. My husband and I have been praying about adoption and I really feel the Lord preparing my heart through your blog (and through other means, as well). I just want to encourage you to keep pressing on! God is using you in the lives of others.

allison barker said...

oh thank you friends! soooo encouraging & sooo needed!!!
al

Kate Kubler said...

I'm going to have to write these down. I know they will be so helpful when my husband and I start the adoption process next year.

Here are some great books. If you haven't read them.. stop what you are doing. go buy them. and read. AHHmazing!

Adopted for life
Orphanology

allison barker said...

:) i really like "adopted for life"!!! i haven't heard of "orphanology"! i'll have to look at it. thanks!

Our Green Nest said...

Oh, so love this! So beautiful! Amos is so very blessed to have you as his mama! He's such a cutie and I love the shot of you and your man!! Have a WONDERFUL day!

allison barker said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Well said and completely true.
+Victoria+

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...