February 3, 2012

i will ever praise You

IMG_1743

IMG_1744

IMG_1752

i really enjoy this blog & i'm embracing the camera today. :)
------------
i've always known the simple truth that every act, whether it be cleaning, serving food, etc is an act of worship to the Lord, but today the Lord reveled it to me.

>all of my calendar keeping & organizing is worship to the Lord.

>all of my making our home & decorating is pleasing in His sight.

>all of my picking up messes, cleaning up toys & washing dishes are fragrant offerings to my Father.

>my disciplining, discipling, instructing & shepherding of our sweet children is glorifying His name.

"therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain." 1 cor 15:58

to start my day with an attitude like this...
"serve the LORD with gladness! come into his presence with singing!" ps 100:2

"so, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 cor 10:31

"so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. may you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light." col 1:10-12

"whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. you are serving the Lord Christ." col 3:23-24

oh to bring a smile to my Savior's face! that i would do ALL things to bring Him more glory! to do it all things with "patience with joy". whatever i do... all things for His glory & pleasure! may the mundane become my delight & my joy because i am bringing a sweet fragrance to my Father. serve the Lord with gladness!!!

32

al


ps
i want everything from this shop. ;)

4 comments:

Bethany Erin said...

the Lord's been showing me the same thing, Al. thank you for this piece of encouragement. i've always treasured who you are.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through the anderson crew and this post was exactly what I needed to read today.As a mom of 3 little ones it can be easy to get lost in the day to day stuff...thank you for reminding me that everything we do is for the glory of God
Rachel

britney said...

lovely lovely girl.

allison barker said...

thank u bethany, rachel & britney. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...