February 16, 2012

my guy & some soup

my guy... man i'm in love. so blessed by a faithful God who gives us good gifts! my husband blesses me more than i know & appreciate at times. he serves & loves me so well!!! (embracing the camera here.)

IMG_2028



-----------------------

ok seriously... this is one of our family's favorite meals!!! 
red lentil soup is so delicious & nutritious (sorry, i had to). 
good protein in lentils.
we usually serve it up with a little fried pita (in coconut oil) & hummus. 
this soup is so filling so you don't need much for a meal 
& then there's always leftovers. yum!



IMG_2015

red lentil soup:

>saute 1 chopped medium onion, 3 chopped carrots, 
2 chopped celery stalks, 
2 minced cloves of garlic in coconut oil.

>add 4 cups veg broth, 1 1/2 c red lentils 
& cook for about 45 mins to 1 hr.

>toward the end of cooking at 1 1/2 tsp salt, 
1/2 tsp curry powder & black pepper & cayenne to taste.


hummus:

>put a can of chickpeas (rinsed), 2 Tbs tahini, 
2 cloves of garlic, the juice of 1 lemon & olive oil 
in a food processor & blend.

>add more olive oil (for consistency), salt & pepper to taste 
& blend some more.

al




9 comments:

Jessie said...

Sounds good! I'll have to try that recipe!

amy D said...

that soup looks delicious!! thanks for sharing! :)

Jennifer said...

Yum! I want some of that soup! I'm your newest follower.

http://www.swonderful2beme.blogspot.com

allison barker said...

yay! try it! it's super delicious! thanks for following! :)

Traci said...

Beautiful Picture =)

allison barker said...

thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

such a great picture of the two of you. found you through ETC and was reading through your blog a bit. I have two little boys too and my husband and I have been praying about adoption. I'm a new follower and looking forward to reading more :)

allison barker said...

thanks lesley! & thanks for following! adoption is incredible! do you guys have an idea of where you'd adopt from? generations adoptions is amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful picture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...