June 13, 2013

"the gospel in her home" (needy)

_MG_0447photo copy 3
as much as mike & i say we want to be around our kids all the time & pour into them & keep them real close & disciple them day in & day out... i hardly "feel" like doing that most days. our society is all about pushing our kids off on someone else to raise them/deal with them/care for them. it's become my natural tendency & really our society is like that because we're just selfish. it's exhausting rearing 3 little/full of energy/crazy/emotional/sinful boys!!! & most days... I JUST DON'T FEEL LIKE IT! most days i look forward to them getting in bed at nap & then at bedtime. most days i'd rather "disconnect" by looking at my instagram feed or staying busy with house work. but the truth is... they need me RIGHT THIS SECOND! & yes, i show them my weaknesses & i return to them & repent & show them how much mommy NEEDS JESUS!!! i will never "feel" like being mommy all day long apart from the strength & sustaining grace of my Savior. goodness i NEED HIM! more than my kiddos need me. we're just one big family of 5 sinners that NEED A SAVIOR!!!!! daily i'm showing them the gospel by the way they see my sin, my running to the Savior, my repentance & then His & their forgiveness of me. i have to learn to cling to Him moment by moment. & when i forget & start leaning on "al's strength", by His grace, i remember the gospel & i rehearse it for my whole family to see. teach me to be faithful Father! teach me that there is nothing i need more than You! teach my boys that there is nothing they need more than You!
it's way too much to do & handle on our own isn't it?!

"come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. for my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
matthew 11:28-30

read brit's post & tiff's post!

don't forget to share how the Father is teaching you about His good gospel in your home. you can share your link to your blog post, or share a few sentences in the comments or share a picture on instagram #thegospelinherhome! what a great way to be encouraged by other women!
al

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...