April 7, 2012

this season

IMG_1449
this season has been quite difficult for me.
i know the Lord is sovereign over this time.
i have to cling to Him. 

we're moving,
we're leaving all our boys have known,
we're adding a sweet little amos to our family,
we're moving further away from my family,
we're stepping into difficult/uncomfortable/sanctifying times,
we're living in sanctifying times,
we have a lot to accomplish before we go to africa,
i'm missing my mom,
we're in a season of unorganized craziness,
we're saying a lot of "goodbyes".

i feel like i can't handle it sometimes.
& at times i feel like i can't breathe.
i feel like our days are flying by us.
i feel like i'm trying to grab on to every moment i can with friends & my guys.

Father, be the biggest thing in our lives during this season.
i can rest in Your peace.
i know You are good & You are over all things.
i trust You.

al


Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you and your family - may you find peace and strength in the Lord, knowing that He is bigger than all things.

allison barker said...

thanks for reading! & thank u for your encouragement!

photo:britt said...

Praying for you, Allison! God will give you the grace to forge ahead and do big things for Him and impact the little lives in your care. Times like these, His grace comes in moment-sized portions because there's so much of it you wouldn't be able to contain the day-by-day portions. You are an inspiration to me.

Bekah said...

Wow, how very hard. I will be praying for you all, is there a post that I can read to catch up on the africa move? My little sister is there right now actually (uganda) but only short term.

Bekah said...

Wait! Duh, after I posted that comment I thought about it again and it clicked! You are going to africa to bring Amos home! Duh...I knew that. Oy.

allison barker said...

:) thank u!!!

madilla said...

Wishing you all the luck from Budapest, Hungary!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...