March 14, 2013

adoption & the gospel pt 10


"but Zion said, 'the Lord has forsaken me;

    my Lord has forgotten me.'
'can a woman forget her nursing child,
that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
even these may forget,
yet I will not forget you.
behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are continually before me.' "
isaiah 49:14-16

_MG_9997
how could one leave their child? the one that was formed in them & they carried in their womb for months? to abandon a sweet innocent one. one that has done nothing to deserve to be left alone with no one to meet their needs & call mommy & daddy.
_MG_0006
but we have sinned & we deserve death. we were separated from our Creator. we had no hope. 
_MG_9976
& oh our Father came! He came to a sinful, lost, not at all deserving people to rescue us. we didn't want to be rescued. we didn't know we needed to be rescued. we were abandoned & alone, we were orphans & we were in desperate need of our Father's great love.
_MG_0011
He's never abandoned us & He never will! at times it may seem like He's left us alone to suffer & wander on our own, but He hasn't, oh friends, He hasn't! He is near! He is closer than we can see & "feel" at times. He has come to us! He came to dwell with us! He came to save us from death & sin & separation! & He will come again! hallelujah! He has never forgotten us!

(pt 1pt 2pt 3pt 4pt 5pt 6pt 7pt 8 & pt 9)
al


5 comments:

Kate Kubler said...

I woke up this morning feeling a little defeated. I needed to read the words "he is near" so badly!

thank you;)

King Huckleberry said...

beautiful

Marisha said...

Beautiful words. So true that "we didn't even know we needed to be rescued." Praise God for his mercy! I love the photos of you and Amos. So precious! Makes me wanna have a photo session with my kiddos soon. ;)

Unknown said...

wow! beautiful al!

allison barker said...

thank u for your sweet & gracious words! our God is sooo good to us!
thanks for reading friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...