March 29, 2013

pampering

photo copy 11

i get soooooo weary some days. to the point that i kinda shut down & loose sight of my ministry to 3 little hearts & what's of value. then i start thinking... "if i could only get a few hours by myself. if i could only get a pedicure. if i could only lay in bed & watch a chick flick with some coconut milk ice cream. if i could only go out on a long date with my guy & get away from these crazy boys."

but are those sorts of pampering feeding our souls & giving us what we need to carry on in whatever role the Lord has us in? & don't get me wrong... i'm not AT ALL saying we should NEVER have "fun" pampering, because i'm all about it. but when the "fun" becomes all we do in our free time how will our souls be fed & refreshed & ready to face the next day or moments when we will again be longing for time alone/away? 

His Word & grace keeps us unwavering in our love for Him & our remembrance that He has placed us in this role & He will sustain us! let us cling to Him first & always in our weaknesses & weariness. He is faithful!

"but he said to me, 'my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' therefore i will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 corinthians 12:9
al

4 comments:

Rachel said...

What an awesome reminder to refresh not only our bodies, but our souls. Thanks, al! :)

Anonymous said...

I find myself thinking that same thing frequently. All those things are nice and necessary to do sometimes but are they really letting my soul rest, making me better? Or am I just being "in the the world". Another reminder to always put God and His word number one in my life.
Thanks for the reminder!

sarah j. said...

i very much agree! a little pampering is nice when it's done for the glory of God (just like everything we do), but time spent with my Savior is always more profitable! and there are times when it doesn't always feel as "refreshing" as a nap; but time in the Word always has a greater impact on my heart and how i treat others than anything else i can do.

allison barker said...

amen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...