February 13, 2013

it's exhausting for me

IMG_1719
this morning i woke up at 6:10 & got a few minutes in the Word before the kids needed my attention. i felt "prepared" to start the day & "handle" the demands that would be made of me as "mommy" & "wife". but boy was i wrong... everyone started calling for me & asking questions. i had to take a shower, make breakfast, dish out vitamins, get clothes & diapers changed, clean up dirty dishes, get myself ready & get out the door for jude's eye appt. in the midst of all of that i wasn't leaning on the Lord's grace to serve all 4 of my guys. i was relying on the amount of sleep or alone time i had. i was relying on my on abilities & strength & i already know how far that gets me. ;) i'm a very weak sinner in desperate need of my strong heavenly Father who gives me grace to love & care for my family. & when i begin to complain & feel sorry for myself i'm not trusting the Lord. He's put me in this position to love my family & it is ONLY through Him that i will "succeed" (& by "succeed" i don't mean doing it right all the time :)). i'm putting myself before my 4 guys & the Lord when i whine because too much is being demanded of me. Lord give me grace to rest in Your strong love for my family that i might serve them as unto You. & any good i do as a mommy i want to exult in the Lord for giving me His grace to love them well... it is all from Him.

"what do you have that you did not receive? if then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?
1 corinthians 4:7
al

2 comments:

Janaye said...

What sweet reminders the Lord gives to us in his word! :) **encouraged**

allison barker said...

:) thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...