February 14, 2013

perfect love

photo
this little boy in my arms has taught me more about the love of the Father than anyone else in my life thus far! at times it is sooooo hard to love him. my love & compassion for him doesn't come as natural to me as it has with jude & sammy. & when i see amos's helplessness & stubbornness & sinfulness & desperate need for a Savior & a loving mommy & daddy, i see my sinful state & my need for my Savior. our son has brought out sin in me that i didn't know was there... & the Lord is refining me & sanctifying me through this little boy. him needing me so much & being quite dependent on me... i see how much i NEED God! i cannot love my boys, be what they need me to be, not completely mess them up, point them to Christ, & show them the gospel WITHOUT HIM!!! 

oh i need Him! 
thank you for pointing me again to my Savior feisty, joyful, funny, 
little amos benjamin. i love you son!

& happy valentine's day friends! may we draw near to God as we celebrate family & friends that we love dearly. it is only through His grace that we love them anyway.

"beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. in this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. in this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. no one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us." 1 john 4:7-12
al

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...