February 28, 2013

"the gospel in her home" (the journey)

_MG_0447
"not that i have already obtained this or am already perfect, but i press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. brothers, i do not consider that i have made it my own. but one thing i do: forgetting what lies behind & straining forward to what lies ahead, i press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. let those of us who are mature think this way, & if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. only let us hold true to what we have attained."
philippians 3:12

i have recently thought about how i would like to go back through all of my blog posts & adjust them to look the way my current posts do. i've also thought about my photography style & how it's grown & improved & how i'm kinda "embarrassed" with how my pictures used to look. but then i realized... it's all a journey of growth & perfecting what i want my blog & photography to be & represent. the constantly changing & ever evolving look & feel of my blog & photography is part of who i am & who i'm becoming. i don't need to worry about how things look & if it all "fits together well". it's all so different & i'm not who i was a few years ago!
PRAISE THE LORD!
IMG_0322
(oct 2011)

& so it is in our Father's good gospel... He is ever changing us & sanctifying us & making us more like Him! we have not "arrived"! we will never reach a point of "being perfected" on this earth. with our children, we are not standing on top of a peak calling them to join us. we are walking this road with them as fellow sinners. & it's a hard/beautiful journey.
IMG_2324
(feb 2012)

we should increasingly pursue the knowledge of Christ. we are like a runner straining for the finish line! if a runner looks behind him to see how well he's doing or if someone else is gaining on him, he will only be slowed down. & we cannot rest or relax on previous achievements. we strain for more of the Lord! this is not to say that we don't remember what the Lord has faithfully brought us through, saved us from & how He's made us more in His image.
IMG_1909
(feb 2013)

everything that is sanctifying & difficult & maybe "ugly" to us is really soooooo beautiful because it is the Lord expressing His kind love for us! the whole story, ALL OF IT, is glorifying to Him! let's not be consumed with tears & the laughter of what the Lord has done over the years, but strain for more of Him!!!

read brit's post here.

(some of the above thoughts are from our pastor's sermon this past sunday.
listen to it or watch it here.)
al

ps
don't forget to comment with your thoughts &
maybe share your "the gospel in her home" post as well!
thanks for fellowshipping with us!

7 comments:

Olive said...

thank God for your encouragement to "..press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:14, KJV) (:. I am encouraged by your post today, praise God.

Judy Beltrez said...

very excited to be following the 3 of you. (friend of Britneys from NY)
encourage to read about struggles that we as wives and mothers go through on a day to day basis and know that we are not alone.
thanks for starting this ya'll :)
also thank you so much for opening your heart to us readers during your adoption process. i have been reading it during the past few days and have been so encouraged by it.

Amanda said...

This is a great idea - I love that your motivation is to share the gospel! Tonight my daughter and I both prayed for forgiveness from each other and from Jesus for some of our actions/choices... as you mentioned, our journey with our children is us walking alongside them with Jesus leading the way.

I look forward to following "the gospel in her home". Thank you.

amy D said...

Love this so much! It's exactly what's been on my heart recently.
Also, I am very much looking forward to this series. I need so much more of the TRUTH in my life! :)

sophandlulu said...

I have been following your blog for a while now, and I'm so encouraged by your honesty as a wife and mama. My husband and I hope to adopt in the future, so I look forward to reading more about your adoption journey in the near future!

allison barker said...

thank u friends!!! i'm soooo glad you're here fellowshipping with me!!!

Lindy said...

I've been following your blog for a little while now after finding it on Britneys blog (i was at teen mania when she was there). There have been multiple times where the exact thing that God is doing in your heart, he's also doing in mine! It's been really cool to feel like someone is walking through this journey with me. I just became a mama (5 weeks ago!) and can't wait for this series you guys are doing. I want my intake of edifying blogs to outweigh the ones that just talk about their daily life, because I'm easily made discontent with my own life when I constantly read about others. Here's my blog if you'd like to check it out: http://lindybeam.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...